We are proud of our workforce and all their achievements. Our staff and teams have won or been shortlisted for the following awards:
The Virology team are presented with their Make A Difference Award Team Excellence Award.
Advancing Healthcare Awards
- Winner of Rising Star Award: Godwin Andrew Ethapemi.
- Shortlisted for The Welsh Government’s Award for Value Based Care – Making best use of resources to maximise outcomes: Design and implementation of an adaptive pooling workflow for SARS-CoV-2 testing in an NHS diagnostic laboratory
- Shortlisted for Biomedical Scientist of the Year: Cindy Madona
NWLP’s Managing Director, Saghar Missaghian-Cully, included in this year’s Pathology Power List. This is an annual list of some of the most inspirational pathologists and laboratory medicine professionals making their mark within pathology.
We received a wonderful note of thanks from Liverpool Football Club. All the team players signed the note to say thank you to all our staff for their work in support of Covid-19.
In May we received a message of thanks from Director of Social Care for Hammersmith and Fulham; the Medical Director for Systems Improvement and Professional Standards, NHS England and NHS Improvement and the Regional Director London, NHS England and NHS Improvement thanking our staff for their work.
Dr Panos Pantelidis, Infection and Immunity Divisional Manager and Dr Alison Cox, Specialist Biomedical Scientist, received recognition for their outstanding work and contribution during the Covid-19 crisis from Advancing Healthcare Esteem Awards.
As part of National Pathology Week we held an online celebration event to say thank you to all our staff and to acknowledge the contribution they made particularly over the past few months during the pandemic. Staff involved in Covid-19 work were presented with specially designed thank you cards and badges signed by our Managing Director Saghar Missaghian-Cully and Director of Operations Angela Jean-Francois
NWLP celebrated receiving two awards from Royal College of Pathologists (RCPath) for our Covid-19 work! The RCPath awards aim to celebrate excellence in pathology practice and promote high standards in pathology education, training and research to deliver the best patient care:
- The Infection and Immunity team were recognised for their outstanding achievements in establishing a comprehensive SARS CoV-2 PCR and serological diagnostic service.
- Dr Brian Hanley from Cellular Pathology was recognised for his post-mortem examinations of COVID-19 patients which illustrated the continued importance of autopsy in helping to understand the pathophysiology of COVID-19 and its complications, and in advancing patient monitoring and treatment.
NWLP is awarded a Certificate of Excellence from Univants – an award programme set up by Abbott to recognise integrated clinical care teams who achieve better healthcare performance by uniting across the care continuum and applying innovative approaches to advance healthcare. NWLP’s project was titled: Covid-19: Using data, innovation and collaboration to support better patient outcomes
Prof Mike Osborn, Cellular Pathology Clinical Lead, begins his role as president of the Royal College of Pathologists.
Imperial Corporate Team Excellence Award: Cellular Pathology and Mortuary Team win Imperial’s annual award.
Royal College of Pathologists: Rapid flu team receive a special commendation from RCPath for Innovation in Pathology Practice.
Imperial Chair’s Award: Rapid flu team win for Driving Improvement Through Data for the implementation of the rapid flu test.
Professor Robert Goldin and Dr Mike Osborne are nominated for the Imperial College Students Academic Choice Awards.
NWLP is shortlisted for Lab of the Year by UK Diagnostics. NWLP’s Infection and Immunity service receives a highly commended award.